New Zealand Ford Owners Forum


    CJ's South Island Tour

    Share
    avatar
    TheOtherhalf
    Admin

    Number of posts : 505
    Age : 64
    Location : WellyLand
    Registration date : 2008-03-17

    Re: CJ's South Island Tour

    Post by TheOtherhalf on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:27 am

    Blow up dolls maybe? or Real Dolls......hehe.....
    avatar
    FJ

    Number of posts : 3225
    Age : 46
    Location : Canterbury
    Registration date : 2008-03-16

    Re: CJ's South Island Tour

    Post by FJ on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:14 am

    There were two Ute's there, a Red AUIII Pursuit Ute, and a Ego FG F6 Ute,


    _________________
    What would you rather drive ? A car named after the fastest living creature in the world, or some crusty old fart from a yacht club ?
    avatar
    FJ

    Number of posts : 3225
    Age : 46
    Location : Canterbury
    Registration date : 2008-03-16

    Re: CJ's South Island Tour

    Post by FJ on Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:42 pm

    You can just see Mrs FJ sitting in the Cobra in the last photo too. Shocked











    avatar
    Mr T

    Number of posts : 22
    Location : South Island
    Registration date : 2008-03-17

    north island invasion

    Post by Mr T on Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:04 am

    good photo's FJ i see another perfect coast day? lucky buggers had all the good weather must have brought it with them?
    the display on Sat was fantastic about 23 cars the amount of rubber left outside Avon city will prove that haha
    and as for the sunday cruise the sound down moorehouse ave was just somthing else.
    and going through the lyttleton tunnel with window down was unreal most just wanted to keep going back and forwards throught the tunnel Cool
    avatar
    Q

    Number of posts : 870
    Age : 56
    Location : V8QUTE
    Registration date : 2008-03-17

    Re: CJ's South Island Tour

    Post by Q on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:50 am

    STELF wrote:does it mater who they were. What we do know it wasnt TEAM UTE as Fj is still intact

    Oh, are we going to circumsise him??

    We shall put that to the TeamUte Council of Irretrievably Bad Behaviour & It's ConseQuences... Great
    avatar
    FJ

    Number of posts : 3225
    Age : 46
    Location : Canterbury
    Registration date : 2008-03-16

    Re: CJ's South Island Tour

    Post by FJ on Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:29 am

    Mr T wrote:good photo's FJ i see another perfect coast day? lucky buggers had all the good weather must have brought it with them?
    the display on Sat was fantastic about 23 cars the amount of rubber left outside Avon city will prove that haha
    and as for the sunday cruise the sound down moorehouse ave was just somthing else.
    and going through the lyttleton tunnel with window down was unreal most just wanted to keep going back and forwards throught the tunnel Cool

    Yeah mate it was a nice 24 degrees yesterday, I took the photos at the Jackson Pub were a few of them had whitebait for lunch, we had to wait for road works for about 15mins on that bridge too.

    CJ filled us in a little bit on their time in Chch and by the sounds of it You all had a good time, We will living over your way soon mate so we'll catch up then. Very Happy
    avatar
    CrazyJeff

    Number of posts : 245
    Age : 58
    Location : Kapiti
    Registration date : 2008-03-16

    Re: CJ's South Island Tour

    Post by CrazyJeff on Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:20 am

    It was great to catch up FJ. Nice to finally meet Anna. The Cobra looks just as good in the flesh too.

    Yes, we allowed a couple of half-cars (or Coupes as we call them now) to join us. It was a good bunch and we had a great time. South Island hospitality is second to none.

    For those nosey parkers who want to know who was on the run, you'll have to wait and read the club newsletter article. If you really wanted to know, you should have come on the run. It was a real blast (except for the little bit of paper I got handed by a nice man in uniform on the last leg of the last day, dammit)
    avatar
    Janianne

    Number of posts : 314
    Location : Somewhere in Kapiti
    Registration date : 2008-03-17

    Re: CJ's South Island Tour

    Post by Janianne on Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:24 am

    It was a real blast (except for the little bit of paper I got handed by a nice man in uniform on the last leg of the last day, dammit)[/quote]

    According to FJ there are no cops down there! I think you do better in the North Island! Very Happy
    avatar
    FJ

    Number of posts : 3225
    Age : 46
    Location : Canterbury
    Registration date : 2008-03-16

    Re: CJ's South Island Tour

    Post by FJ on Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:23 am

    CrazyJeff wrote:It was great to catch up FJ. Nice to finally meet Anna. The Cobra looks just as good in the flesh too.

    Yes, we allowed a couple of half-cars (or Coupes as we call them now) to join us. It was a good bunch and we had a great time. South Island hospitality is second to none.

    For those nosey parkers who want to know who was on the run, you'll have to wait and read the club newsletter article. If you really wanted to know, you should have come on the run. It was a real blast (except for the little bit of paper I got handed by a nice man in uniform on the last leg of the last day, dammit)

    Thanks for letting us tag along CJ. Great

    You should have let Me drive shotgun for ya and you wouldn't have got the piece of paper. Embarassed
    avatar
    Q

    Number of posts : 870
    Age : 56
    Location : V8QUTE
    Registration date : 2008-03-17

    Re: CJ's South Island Tour

    Post by Q on Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:05 am

    CrazyJeff wrote:Yes, we allowed a couple of real-vehicles also called Ute's (or Toupes as we call them now) to join us. It was a good bunch and we had a great time. South Island hospitality is second to none.

    For those nosey parkers who want to know who was on the run, you'll have to wait and read the club newsletter article. If you really wanted to know, you should have come on the run. It was a real blast (except for the little bit of paper I got handed by a nice man in uniform on the last leg of the last day, dammit)

    CJ, I noticed you had a New Toupe on at the last Dickford run, suits you very well too. (Apart from the obvious... it Looks just like a Toupe)

    As to being called a "nosey parker", stick it up your arse. You advertise you are going on a run on "Our" forum
    didn't realise it was so farking secret... Couldn't come - as some of us actually have to work damn hard to keep the NZ economy going & others just don't have the $$ right now, but won't bleat about it.. (unlike others on Dickford). Haven't read the last Dickford newsletter yet & might not get around to reading the next one.

    Really pleased you all had a wonderful time, your ticket is just karma for the one Stelf got following you the other month, driving "spiritly" (perhaps.. the cops couldn't get you... you were going too f.a.s.t ?)
    avatar
    Janianne

    Number of posts : 314
    Location : Somewhere in Kapiti
    Registration date : 2008-03-17

    Re: CJ's South Island Tour

    Post by Janianne on Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:20 am

    I take it from that you won't be attending the Dickford AGM, Q? Neutral
    avatar
    FJ

    Number of posts : 3225
    Age : 46
    Location : Canterbury
    Registration date : 2008-03-16

    Re: CJ's South Island Tour

    Post by FJ on Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:05 am

    All I want to know is...........Where was CJ in the convoy when he got the ticket, front or back??.

    It would rip ya undies if You got the ticket and You were the last car. Laughing Laughing


    _________________
    What would you rather drive ? A car named after the fastest living creature in the world, or some crusty old fart from a yacht club ?
    avatar
    TheOtherhalf
    Admin

    Number of posts : 505
    Age : 64
    Location : WellyLand
    Registration date : 2008-03-17

    Re: CJ's South Island Tour

    Post by TheOtherhalf on Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:15 am

    For those nosey parkers who want to know who was on the run, you'll
    have to wait and read the club newsletter article. If you really wanted
    to know, you should have come on the run. It was a real blast (except
    for the little bit of paper I got handed by a nice man in uniform on
    the last leg of the last day, dammit)

    Taking into account that a lot of people in these worsening economic times or with bad health or with work commitments or family commitments were unable to go on this run, I don't think that those are very nice comments.
    avatar
    CrazyJeff

    Number of posts : 245
    Age : 58
    Location : Kapiti
    Registration date : 2008-03-16

    Re: CJ's South Island Tour

    Post by CrazyJeff on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:46 am

    [quote="Q"]
    CrazyJeff wrote:
    Really pleased you all had a wonderful time, your ticket is just karma for the one Stelf got following you the other month, driving "spiritly" (perhaps.. the cops couldn't get you... you were going too f.a.s.t ?)
    I think Stelf got it trying to catch up to me. Laughing I must have been just below the threshold on that day. If I remember correctly it was when we were heading up to Manfield for the V8 Ute Racing. That was a great fun day. Was surprised when Hamish told me he had gotten the ticket, that there wasn't one at home waiting for me too.

    You are right about the karma though. I'm pleased he didn't catch me the day before on those nice long straight deserted roads in Canterbury. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    avatar
    CrazyJeff

    Number of posts : 245
    Age : 58
    Location : Kapiti
    Registration date : 2008-03-16

    Re: CJ's South Island Tour

    Post by CrazyJeff on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:49 am

    FJ wrote:All I want to know is...........Where was CJ in the convoy when he got the ticket, front or back??.

    It would rip ya undies if You got the ticket and You were the last car. Laughing Laughing

    CJ was running shotgun on Tuesday. Next trip I think I'll do a roster on who drives up front so everybody can have a turn with the plodsters. Laughing Laughing Laughing
    avatar
    CrazyJeff

    Number of posts : 245
    Age : 58
    Location : Kapiti
    Registration date : 2008-03-16

    Re: CJ's South Island Tour

    Post by CrazyJeff on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:50 am

    TheOtherhalf wrote:Taking into account that a lot of people in these worsening economic times or with bad health or with work commitments or family commitments were unable to go on this run, I don't think that those are very nice comments.

    Don't be so touchy Babs. All I meant is that you can wait until next week when the Tickbits comes out.
    avatar
    TheOtherhalf
    Admin

    Number of posts : 505
    Age : 64
    Location : WellyLand
    Registration date : 2008-03-17

    Re: CJ's South Island Tour

    Post by TheOtherhalf on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:02 am

    I still don't know why 'the secret squirrel' stuff, it's a car club we belong to.... not the famous five!!!!
    avatar
    FJ

    Number of posts : 3225
    Age : 46
    Location : Canterbury
    Registration date : 2008-03-16

    Re: CJ's South Island Tour

    Post by FJ on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:03 am

    CrazyJeff wrote:
    FJ wrote:All I want to know is...........Where was CJ in the convoy when he got the ticket, front or back??.

    It would rip ya undies if You got the ticket and You were the last car. Laughing Laughing

    CJ was running shotgun on Tuesday. Next trip I think I'll do a roster on who drives up front so everybody can have a turn with the plodsters. Laughing Laughing Laughing

    Did You get it going down the long Wairau straights on the way to Blenheim??.


    _________________
    What would you rather drive ? A car named after the fastest living creature in the world, or some crusty old fart from a yacht club ?
    avatar
    CrazyJeff

    Number of posts : 245
    Age : 58
    Location : Kapiti
    Registration date : 2008-03-16

    Re: CJ's South Island Tour

    Post by CrazyJeff on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:41 am

    No but speedo must have been faulty cause it read 240 kph the day before. Surprised
    avatar
    CrazyJeff

    Number of posts : 245
    Age : 58
    Location : Kapiti
    Registration date : 2008-03-16

    Re: CJ's South Island Tour

    Post by CrazyJeff on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:44 am

    TheOtherhalf wrote:I still don't know why 'the secret squirrel' stuff, it's a car club we belong to.... not the famous five!!!!

    Not secret, just building suspense. You can read all about it in the next Tickbits. Wink
    avatar
    FJ

    Number of posts : 3225
    Age : 46
    Location : Canterbury
    Registration date : 2008-03-16

    Re: CJ's South Island Tour

    Post by FJ on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:55 am

    CrazyJeff wrote:No but speedo must have been faulty cause it read 240 kph the day before. Surprised

    Gotta love the South Island roads.
    avatar
    Q

    Number of posts : 870
    Age : 56
    Location : V8QUTE
    Registration date : 2008-03-17

    Re: CJ's South Island Tour

    Post by Q on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:34 pm

    Janianne wrote:I take it from that you won't be attending the Dickford AGM, Q? Neutral

    Oh Yes I Am Janianne Great

    First time in seven years I get to sit and ask questions....

    Not be the one getting cross examined...

    I am a bit disappointed about the "Events" planned tho, a bit sparse between fun bits.

    I am sure it will go off with a Bang.. Cool Cool

    Sponsored content

    Re: CJ's South Island Tour

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:58 am